Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Reflective Teaching Challenge Day 1: Goals

Setting goals at the beginning of a school year feels a bit like a new year's resolution to me. For students and educators, our calendar runs a bit differently! And I've never been much of a resolution person. I'm inspired by the creative workings of Soul Pancake, and specifically Kid President, so my first goal is to BE MORE AWESOME!


As I strive to be more awesome, I will:

  • Make relationships with students and staff first priority.
  • Show my students how to take risks.
  • Create opportunities for reading across the curriculum.
  • Give students more voice in their learning.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful goals Rachelle. I love that these are about your students and relationships and not about technology! Your kiddos are lucky to have you as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete