Monday, September 8, 2014

Reflection 8: Desk drawers

I'm supposed to be reflecting on a desk drawer, but I have 5. Each is organized differently (ie. some not at all!). I was grateful the reflection was on a desk drawer and not the desk top! I'll leave the comments to the top drawer only. Mostly, it's supplies. Not of the paper kind (I have a large cabinet for those items). Pens, pencils, keys to miscellaneous locks, former student senior pictures. It is somewhat of a "junk" drawer. What does this mean? Well.....I don't have a lot of these items on my desk because my work has become very digitized. But I still have use for the tools occasionally. Hmmm....I think there is a teaching correlation there. Also, while the drawer is full of miscellany, it is somewhat compartmentalized in organization, using plastic trays. I would say that this not only summarizes my work habits, but also me as a person. There is a system that allows for transitions and effective work, but not one that is highly structured.



No comments:

Post a Comment