Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Technology

The second reflection challenge is to write about a technology that you would like to try this year and what is

hoped to be seen as a result of the integration. I use a lot of technology tools already, so this was a tough one for me, especially as we are no longer a 1:1 school. However, I have been kicking around the idea of creating units in iTunesU. Originally this was to support teachers in our 1:1 iPad environment, but even with our move to iPad carts I can see the benefit. To me, creating iTunesU courses represents a first step to supporting blended instruction. Often teachers lack the time necessary to create good content in a digital environment. If the content is available, teachers can focus on how to personalize instruction and incorporate blended learning instead of struggling with how to find the time for the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment